Retail Price: $7,000.00US
The AMS Performance Alpha 9 Turbo Upgrade provides stock spool-up, neck-snapping torque and horsepower that will transform the already mighty GT-R into a true supercar! Designed as a direct bolt-on for your existing factory turbochargers, you can expect gains starting at 225hp / 175ft/lbs with the proper supporting mods and tuning. At full boost with race gas these turbos are capable of over 900 Horsepower!
These specific turbos were designed to mimic the spool and the aesthetics of the factory units. To the untrained eye, each turbo looks just as quiet and unsuspecting as the stock turbos, but once you hit the throttle the difference becomes very evident. By applying the latest in AMS billet wheel technology, AMS set the bar even higher. Billet compressor wheels are not only lighter, which helps quicken spool time, but they also have superior aerodynamic profiles that compress more air efficiently: less heat = more power.
As part of the AMS Alpha 9 package, this billet upgrade produced 820hp and 710ft lbs safely and reliably on 93 oct pump gas at only 23psi! These are the same race-proven turbo’s found on the 9 second Alpha 9 GT-R and both the Cobb Tuning and Forged Performance Time Attack cars so you can expect the best results. In October of 2010, an Alpha 9 test car ran a blistering 205.3 mph at the Texas Standing Mile event breaking the record for the World’s Fastest GT-R! If that wasn’t enough, a set of drag radials were installed onto another Alpha 9 test vehicle and it blasted off the world’s first 9 second quarter mile run on pump gas with a 9.95 @ 141 mph!
Upgraded wastegate actuators available. Please select below.
- Direct factory replacement with NO cutting or trimming required
- Capable of over 900hp depending on boost and octane level
- 225hp and 175ft lbs of torque gains on just pump gas!
- Factory like fitment, even incorporates the factory heat shielding
- Bolts right up to the stock piping and intake system.
- OEM look that is hard to detect
- Utilizes machined OEM turbine and compressor housings
- Assembled with a True Garrett GT series ball-bearing center section
- The latest in billet wheel turbo technology for superior power & efficiency
NOTE: This item requires the buyer to send in their factory/stock turbos in as a core. Failing to do so will result in a core charge equal to the market price of a new set of factory/stock turbo chargers.